Read about the grant presented in June to SON Ministries.
HILLIARD, Ohio – Hilliard residents and others wanting to help their neighbors and community during the COVID-19 crisis are urged to support the “Hilliard Gives: We’re All In This Together” charitable initiative.
Financial contributions to the Hilliard Community Foundation’s “Hilliard Gives” campaign will be used to directly benefit community non-profit organizations that are on the front lines supporting local residents who have been impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
All tax-deductible contributions are distributed from The Columbus Foundation to Hilliard Community Foundation. Visit The Columbus Foundation to donate to “Hilliard Community Foundation Fund” today, or send a check to Hilliard Community Foundation, 4081 Main Street, Hilliard, Ohio 43026.
Funds from “Hilliard Gives” will be distributed to these non-profit agencies through a grant process managed by the Hilliard Community Foundation. Download this form, fill it out, save it, and then either email it to email@example.com or mail it to Hilliard Community Foundation, 4081 Main Street, Hilliard, Ohio 43026.
“We will weather this storm as one community,” said Bob Apel, Hilliard Community Foundation Board Chair. “The Hilliard Community Foundation stands ready to support the community during this crisis by dispersing collected funds quickly to local non-profits that are working to help our affected residents. We’re all in this together – and together we will show the compassion and caring spirit Hilliard residents have in their hearts.”
Because of the COVID-19 response, many people in the community have found themselves without a guaranteed income or access to basic needs that can be provided most effectively through local non-profit agencies. These agencies can apply to the Hilliard Community Foundation to request funds they can use to directly benefit those most in need.
“This is an unprecedented time for our country and our community,” said City Manager Michelle Crandall. “We have heard from many people who want to find an appropriate way to open their hearts and help their neighbors but are not sure how they can best make a difference. Contributing to the ‘Hilliard Gives’ campaign shows you recognize that we are all in this together.
Additional information for non-profits
The following criteria and conditions will be in place:
- Organizations receiving support must be 501 (c) 3 registered charitable organizations supporting residents defined by the boundaries of the Hilliard City School District. These organizations have parameters in place that define their eligible audiences.
- Grant funding is not to be used for operating support, only for purposes above normal funding budgets and necessary to support those in need due to COVID-19 impact. Need must be demonstrated through the application process.
- Grants through the Emergency Coronavirus Support Fund will be available through the epidemic time period as defined by the office of the Governor of Ohio, AND,
- Grants will be made only while funds are available.
- Grant decisions will be made by the Hilliard Community Foundation and decisions will be final.
- Grants of up to $2,500 per grant may be received during this time period and may be renewed dependent upon need and conditions AND as approved by the Hilliard Community Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Grant funding will only be made available to 501 (c)3 organizations serving the Hilliard City School District who demonstrate a need of how they will directly serve those negatively impacted by COVID -19.
- If you have questions about the application submission, please email Bob Apel at firstname.lastname@example.org